Parnell Hall's Hilarious Take on Book Signings
You know you're an author if you
1. wince while laughing at this.
2. have PTSD-induced flashbacks.
3. feel intense (if guilty) relief that you're not the only one who's experienced a lousy table signing.
4. have downgraded your hopes for signings from a Nora Roberts-worthy line of admirers to just enough to save you from Certain Humiliation.
5. have alienated friends by humbly imploring them to show up (at repeated signings, even!) to save you from the aforementioned Certain Humiliation.
You know you're an author's very best friend in the wide world (and building awesome karma) if you
1. show up.
2. bring a friend or two
3. talk to her so she won't feel lonely/pathetic.
4. have ever bought a second or even third copy to give away.
5. Go and check out Parnell Hall's funny, clever Puzzle Lady series. I've heard great things about these mysteries!