Among the highlights of the trip:
1. Presenting my workshop, "Adrenaline Shots for Plots!" to a packed room.
2. Attending the Montlake authors' reception, where I met my author liaison and two editors I'm working with for the first times, along with lots of great support people and authors.
3. Meeting with both of the agents I'm privileged to work with.
4. Dancing and clowning around at the wonderful Harlequin Authors' Party. (Nora Roberts and her posse really know how to have fun!)
5. Winning the National Readers' Choice Award in the Contemporary Series' Action/Suspense category with my Relentless Protector. (Check out that awesome award!)
6. Having lunch with Harlequin editor Mary-Theresa Hussey.
7. Presenting the RITA for Short Contemporary Romance at the glamorous Golden Heart/RITA awards ceremony to Sarah Morgan, for her A Night of No Return. Such an honor!
I'm still resting up from and digesting what I learned during the whirlwind week as I edit a new book for Harlequin Romantic Suspense but wanted to share a few moments. Hope you're all having a wonderful summer, too!